We are proud to share with you some of the ways Sea Crest School gives back. Throughout the year, our teachers inspire and empower our learners to act with compassion by incorporating hands-on service projects into their curricula. A few highlights include:
● Before the winter break, our entire community engages in the Adopt-a-Family initiative, which is led by eighth grade students every year and provides holiday gifts and necessities for local families in need.
● Lower-school students take turns to hand-deliver Valentines, Thanksgiving cards and Kindness messages at the retirement community next door throughout the year.
● Fifth grader students are the official stewards of Poplar Beach and lead the school efforts in recycling and composting.
● Every year, sixth graders lead a school-wide hygiene drive for Coastside Hope, as part of the Health and Wellness curriculum.
● In June, proceeds from the annual Third Grade Entrepreneurship Fair (Economics Unit) supports the Coastside Land Trust for Wavecrest habitat restoration and water quality monitoring work.
● Proceeds from the annual First Grade Farmers’ Market go to local charities such as Second Harvest and The HEAL Project.