About Sea Crest School
Sea Crest is a JK-8 school of joyful learning and community. Located in the heart of Half Moon Bay, Sea Crest offers a high-quality, engaging educational experience that leverages our beautiful setting with a focus on marine and coastal connection. Our creative and collaborative educators believe in providing the best in innovative education to inspire and empower learners to engage curiosity, express creativity, act with compassion and lead with courage. For 25 years, we have had the privilege of stewarding young minds and hearts through their journey of discovery, growth, and development. Our small class sizes support a personalized approach to instruction and the opportunity to develop strong connections with students. Our enrichment programs enable students to discover new interests and abilities in a supportive environment. Sea Crest graduates are Inclusive, Thoughtful, Knowledgeable, Creative, and Articulate.
Sea Crest teachers are…
- Compassionate, student-centered educators with an understanding and appreciation of child development.
- Reflective, lifelong learners who pursue professional growth.
- Skilled practitioners who differentiate learning to meet the needs of all students.
- Inspired educators who craft joyful and meaningful learning experiences.
- Effective collaborators and communicators committed to fostering strong partnerships with colleagues and families.
- Committed to celebrating diversity and cultivating equity and belonging for all students.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Teaching: Maintain a safe, student-centered learning environment. Guide whole class, small group, and individualized instruction in Mathematics. Regularly monitor and assess student learning and growth to inform instruction using a variety of tools and means.
- Curriculum Design: Deliver a comprehensive, integrated curriculum that aligns with the school mission, adopted programs, and grade-level learning goals. Craft thoughtful, engaging lessons designed to address the different learning styles of students in the class.
- Collaboration: Work with grade-level colleagues to ensure integration across subject areas. Consistently and clearly communicate with colleagues, administrators, and parents regarding student progress and any student issues.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Teaching credential or Master’s degree preferred
- Strong math background, experience teaching Algebra & Geometry concepts preferred
- Experience and training in Responsive Classroom, Illustrative Math Curriculum and/or Project Based Learning is desirable
Salary and Benefits
Sea Crest offers a strong benefits package and a competitive salary range. Annual salary from $70,000 to $90,000 depending on relevant experience and education level. Sea Crest School offers competitive benefits and a 7% employer contribution into a 403(b) retirement plan (no match required, effective immediately upon hire). Full-time employees qualify for 50% remission for their children attending the School as well as free extended day program while they are working.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé to Michelle Giacotto, Director of Curriculum, at firstname.lastname@example.org.