Our four acre campus is part of the small town of Half Moon Bay, in a residential neighborhood just a few steps from historic Main Street. We are fortunate to be surrounded by the scenic beauty of the San Mateo County Coast, and often take advantage of our local beaches, forests and community as additional learning spaces.
Sea Crest is committed to environmental sustainability and environmental stewardship is incorporated into the curriculum in many grades. Younger students study the local ecology with visits to the tide pools and local conservation areas. Upper lower school students take over the management of our school’s reuse and recycling program, and visit the local landfill to learn about the impact of waste on our local environment. The school generates on average 73% of its’ own power via solar panels installed on the roof of the gym.
- Flexible furniture throughout the school enables students to work individually or in groups. Our 21 core classrooms are thoughtfully created with a developmentally-appropriate, academically-engaging and community-minded design.
- Our outdoor space frames and unifies our campus to provide all our students the irreplaceable benefits of daily time outdoors. This space that nurtures children’s social, physical and intellectual growth by providing outdoor areas designed for imagination, exploration, adventure and wonder.
- Our multi-purpose outdoor spaces including a sports field, playground, free play area, running trail, creative play space, mindfulness and sound garden, and an amphitheater for learning and performance.
- Our Innovation Lab is a fully-outfitted maker space that includes hand, power, and technology tools.
- Our Science Labs provide everything students need to use the scientific method to question, hypothesize, investigate and experiment.
- Performance and music classes take place in a large rehearsal and recording studio and a flexible multipurpose classroom for drama performances.
- We also have an art studio utilized by students in all grades.
- Our new marine science provides the perfect space for our JK-8 students to study marine life and coastal science.