At A Glance
Sea Crest School is dedicated to providing the best in innovative education to inspire and empower our learners to engage curiosity, express creativity, act with compassion and lead with courage.
• I do nothing to harm myself or others
• I am responsible for my behavior
• I take pride in myself and my work
• I leave it better than I found it
• We are each other’s keepers
Junior Kindergarten (JK) through 8th grade
30% self-identify as students of color
21% participate in flexible tuition program
58% faculty with advanced degrees
Extended Day Program: 7:45 – 8:15 a.m.
JK-K: 8:15 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Grades 1-5: 8:15 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Grades 6-8: 8:15 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Extended Day Program: 2:30 – 6:00 p.m.
PORTRAIT OF A GRADUATE
A Sea Crest graduate is:
• An innovative problem-solver who is not afraid to take risks
• An ethical leader with the courage to do what is right
• A critical thinker who is prepared to meet intellectual challenges
• A thoughtful collaborator who strives to improve the community
characteristics of professional excelLence
A Sea Crest teacher is:
• An innovative educator with a strong command of subject matter
• A lifelong learner who pursues and inspires growth
• A compassionate professional with an understanding of child development
• An authentic leader who demonstrates personal accountability and moral courage
Sea Crest School was founded in 1996 with a vision to provide “an independent, well-rounded education option” for the San Mateo County coastal communities. From an initial enrollment of 22 students, the school has progressed steadily during the past two decades, and we now enroll nearly 230 students.
In January 2001, Sea Crest moved to its present site, and a new gymnasium and multi-purpose building opened in December 2001. Known as the Kohrs Family Center, the multipurpose facility has a multi-sport court, a stage for performances, and classrooms for music, drama, and the Extended Day Program. In September 2005, an additional six Middle School classrooms were added to the main building; two of those rooms have since been retrofitted as a K-8 art room and state-of-the-art science laboratory.
The school embarked on a capital campaign called The Next Level Project in 2013-14. This project added second floor Middle School classrooms as well as the Joswiak & Ramsey Innovation Lab maker space. During the summer of 2015, the Extended Day Program space was completely renovated to include a living room and professional kitchen. Today, Sea Crest’s facilities include 21 classrooms, a drama room, a music room, an Innovation Lab, an art room, a multipurpose gymnasium, an outdoor playing field, two conference rooms and two outdoor playgrounds.