The K–8 program at Sea Crest is a truly unique educational experience that embodies the spirit of the coastside. Teachers and administrators work collaboratively each year to review, refine, and enrich the curriculum to ensure that we are offering students an engaging program that reflects the latest in educational theory and best practice.
hallmarks of a sea crest education
- An innovative K–8 curriculum designed to engage critical thinking and creative problem solving skills while challenging each student to strive for his/her personal best.
- Learning that is grounded in real and relevant experiences; that is responsive to the needs and interests of students and teachers; that is collaborative, project-based,
- A commitment to the Arts that provides the opportunity for students to discover a gift
or passion and have it nurtured and celebrated.
- A sense of safety and belonging; where teachers become lasting guardians of students throughout their K–8 educational journey and beyond.
- A social curriculum that is every bit as important as the academic.
- A dedication to Service Learning and the opportunity it provides students to develop empathy, compassion, and empowerment to make a difference in the world.
- A focus on the development of good habits of mind and character, providing tools for life-long learning and social success.
- The opportunity for ALL students to take an active role in a wide variety of extra-curricular activities such as sports, music, drama, the arts, and leadership.